Monday, July 20, 2015

Whew - Day 10 & 11 - July 19 & 20

Lets see if I can remember everything that has happened.  There has been a lot and lack of sleep might mess with my brain.  I'll do my best...

When we left off, we were sitting in the Atlanta airport waiting for our midnight flight to Paris.  We watched a few episodes of the Walking Dead and then we finally boarded!  That flight left on time!!  Most of the flight we slept and watched movies on the seat screens.  Not too intersting of a flight.  

We jumped ahead in time 7 hours on that flight, so we arrived in Paris at around 2pm Paris time.  We looked into possibly making a quick run to see the Effiel tower before our next flight that started boarding at 6ish, but every post said that you needed at least 5 hours and with all of our bad luck, we didn't want to risk it.  

So we hung out in the airport.  We walked around all the shops and bought a souvenier gift for the baby (a Effiel tower top toy) and we watched some Netflix to pass the time.  Brian got a notification on his phone that our bags were not on our flight.  Bah! So we went to a desk to see what was going on...aparently in all the reshuffling of our flights, our bags got send on a different route.  They were sent to New York, then to arrive in Athens at 9:45am on Monday.  We were going to be arriving in Athens at 11:10pm Sunday night.  So that didn't work well.  We talked to Ruth and she said we could just drop by the airport on the way home from the clinic the next day and grab the bags or the airport would deliver them to us.  So problem semi solved.  

Flight to Athens is delayed. 

More delay

Even more delay

So now we are about to board and we won't be arriving in Athens now until 1am  and thats really late for Ruth and Simon to come get us, especially when they have to drop of their family at the airport on tuesday at 4am.  So they need sleep.  So since our bags are stuck anyways - Brian and I decide to just hang out at the Athens airport overnight until they can come get us on Monday later in the morning.  We looked into hotels and they were stupid expensive for us only being there for 8 hours.  So we are just going to chill in the airport.  

We finally board, by this time we are just done flying.  We get to the airport and talk to the baggage people and everything seems to be in order.  We grab some food and walk around the airport.  We find an empty corner that we can lay down in and maybe get some sleep.  

It was cold. The floor was stupid hard.  Not comfortable, and not much sleep came to us.  But we tried.  We also noticed that our feet/lower legs were really swollen.  Probably from sitting for such long periods at a time.  I'm happy to report that all extremeties are now back to normal size.  

We woke up and walked around some more, went to check on our baggage.  My bag is there!!! Yay!!! 

Brian's bag is not.  

Brian's bag got put on a different plane that won't be in until 5pm on Monday.  Of freaking course.  So we set it up to be delivered to the house tonight.  To pass the time until Ruth and Simon arrived, we decided to watch some Walking Dead.  Just kidding - Greece doesn't have Netflix!!! WHAT??? Apparently they don't have Amazon Prime either.  W.T.F.

We watched Guardians of the Galaxy instead.  Movies it is I guess.  

We finally meet Ruth in person!!!!!!!!!  And she comes with a ride to leave the airport!!! We've never been so happy to see an airport in the rearview mirror.  

We head straight to the clinic for an untrasound and bloodwork.  My bloodwork came back and my estrodiol was over 2000 and the ultrasound showed good follicle growth in both ovaries.  Yay!  Good news.  I am responding so well to the meds that they want to get my levels down just a bit before the transfer - so Kosta (the doc) told me I had to eat 5 egg whites a day and drink loads of fluids.  (Later today, I had my first egg white meal.  Delicious).  Got the meds for the trigger shot and headed home.

We were shown to the apartment we are renting from Ruth and its gorgeous here.  Absolutely gorgeous.  Walked in the door to the apartment and we passed out.  Brian showered and I just laid on the bed and I was out. We slept for about 5 hours and then got up and went to the pool!  Ruth said that some physical excersise would help wake us up enough to last the night but then wear us out to be able to go back to sleep tonight.  (We are now 8 hours ahead of KC time).  Their pool is beautiful and we hung out in the sun for a bit.  

Ruth and Simon have 7 dogs (I think I counted right) and they are awesome.  They are super sweet and just want pet 24/7 and cuddle time.  Pretty much exactly like Ally and Jack, so they make me happy.  I love puppies!!!  They help fill the void because I miss my puppies!!!  

We came back to the apartment and I showered.  It was the best shower of my life.  No joke.  Amazing.  Got around, ate my eggs and then headed up to the main house for dinner.  

Simon and Ruth cooked us chinese food and it was delicous.  Then we had "daddy cake" for dessert.  Pretty sure it was 150% chocolate with a crumbly crust.  I'm sure the dogs will love me with all the crumbs I probably spilt,  but it was yummy and rich.  

The airline called and they just dropped off Brian's bag!!! Yay!! 

So right now  I'm stuffed and I'm back to being really tired!!! We are just hanging out in the apartment.  I have to do my trigger shot at midnight tonight, so once that is done, I'm going to pass out yet again.  

The weather here is wonderful and so far, things are looking up!  Tomorrow we had planned on being bums, going to the beach and then the egg collection will be at 9am on Wednesday morning!  Thank you everyone for all the positive thoughts/prayers/good vibes...looks like our luck is starting to turn in our favor.  Keep 'em coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment