Monday, July 9, 2012

Progress

One of the common statements in our life lately is: "It's Progress!"

Our most recent progress has been beating the date night lull.  Even though we frequently try and do date nights to keep our relationship strong - we commonly end up just talking about day-to-day work things, changes on the house, overly excited puppies and family stuff.  Well this past week I wanted to change it up a bit and found a questionnaire on pinterist that we could answer during dinner.  Even though we knew most of each others answers already, it was still fun to go through it.  And we did change the amount that each question asked for - I mean, good God! 20 random facts??? That would have taken forever!!!


1. List 20 random facts about yourself.
2. Describe 3 legitimate fears you have and explain how they became fears.
3. Describe your relationship with your parents.
4. List 10 things you would tell your 16 year-old self, if you could.
5. What are the 5 things that make you most happy right now?
6. What is the hardest thing you have ever experienced?
7. What is your dream job, and why?
8. What are 5 passions you have?
9. List 10 people who have influenced you and describe how.
10. Describe your most embarrassing moment.
11. Describe 10 pet peeves you have.
12. Describe a typical day in your current life.
13. Describe 5 weaknesses you have.
14. Describe 5 strengths you have.
15. If you were an animal, what would you be and why?
16. What are your 5 greatest accomplishments?
17. What is the thing you most wish you were great at?
18. What has been the most difficult thing you have had to forgive?
19. If you could live anywhere, where would it be and why?
20. Describe 3 significant memories from your childhood.
21. If you could have one superpower, what would it be and what would you do with it first?
22. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years? 15 years?
23. List your top 5 hobbies and why you love them.
24. Describe your family dynamic of your childhood vs. your family dynamic now.
25. If you could have dinner with anyone in history, who would it be and what would you eat?
26. What popular notion do you think the world has most wrong?
27. What is your favorite part of your body and why?
28. What is your love language?
29. What do you think people misunderstand most about you?
30. List 10 things you would hope to be remembered for.

Now...the major area of progress is the basement!!! Its been a very long time coming...but...WE HAVE DRYWALL!!!!!!!!

Before: 

After: 

Laundry Room/Mud Room
The laundry/mud room.

The other half of the living room.
Other side of the laundry/mud room.  The white areas on the floor will be where the dog kennels are.


Okay, so I said there was progress..not completely done.  But after two 12 hour days - we were ready to relax.  So all we have left is the random patching in the existing walls, the mini ceiling below the air vents and the back wall....but its progress none the less!!!!! 

I can't express how happy I am that I can finally see and end in sight!! Yes, there is still a lot of work left to do, but I can see an end....then we walk up the stairs and we see many more projects.  i.e. the main floor demo/new beam, the upstairs epic closet, the office closet door and the deck.  Oh Boy! I blame my Dad and Mom for all my "need to remodel genes."  This is the whole reason that when we finally settle in our big house, we need to build it from scratch.  I obviously can't leave well-enough alone.  Oh well, it will look awesome when its done!! Slowly but surely wins the race. 

Progress makes for one happy remodel junkie!

3 comments:

  1. Great start to your new blog Rachell and Brian!! I would really like to figure out how to create one, so I can use it as kind of like an online journal of my day-to-day events, and journeys since I travel all over for my job. I may have to sit down this weekend and really figure out how to create and start one. Been wanting to do it for years now, well, since I started my first pipeline job in 2006....so thank you for the motivation, now if I can just find the brains to get it created. haha. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can only see the before picture, but I'm sure the after's are gorgeous. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog is really nice. The questionnaire was good but I was too lazy to do it. Your progress pictures show fast progress , no longer than you have been there. It all takes time & patience. Remodeling & building does run in the genes. Grandma & grandpa have done it for years. We are camping at lake red rock down below the dam. There are bike trails right to our campsite. We had bought old people trikes earlier. Riding is our new exercise together. We have caught a lot of catfish, 30 most days, together. Gave a lot away, so we can keep fishing. I rode my trike 6 miles yesterday. Grandpa rode 5 in am, & 6 in pm with me. We are training lady to ride in my basket behind me. She is real cute setting there looking around. My trike has a good backrest with lumbar. It is a wide cushioned seat that doesn't hurt my tailbone that has a growth on it. Well honey I didn't intend to write so much. We send our love to you both.

    ReplyDelete