Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Feelin Crafty

So this past week I feel like I have accomplished more than I have all summer.  Its like Brian said "Get the last 95% of the work done in the last 5% of the time."  Oh well, it all got done right?

First and foremost, I am thrilled to say that we now have completed drywall (mudded and taped), paint and tile in the laundry room!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now, I may have hardly been able to walk yesterday,  but I am thrilled to see this much progress.  And I have to say, not too shabby of a job for it being my first time ever trying to do these things without my just aiding my parents when they did it all.  So now, my goal for this week is to get the rest of the basement mudded and taped, then painted and hopefully we can get the carpet installed next week.  Then, it could be all done before school starts!

After I had spent my days working on the basement, I also had time left over in the evenings to get crafty!  I've had all these projects on my pinterest boards just begging me to do them...so I finally knocked some out.  Some came directly from pinterest, others came in my birthday bag of pinterest goodies from a Taryn! :)

My new button bowl!  Now, people of pinterest, don't be shocked if you read instructions on pinterest and you think "Hey, this will be really quick and easy!"  Because if its like the button bowl, its NOT! But I do think the finished product turned out nicely.  It will be a great addition to my desk at school to hold my school keys during class.  That way I have a specific place to look for them at the end of each hour...just to make sure they don't end up in the wrong place/hands. ;)

(Don't judge the pictures too harshly, my camera on my phone still hasn't recovered from its nice swim in Lake Jocomo when Brian decided that standing and trying to cast his fishing line in a CANOE sounded like a good idea).
Top View

Bottom View
My next craft was for school as well...surprise, surprise...This is for all those papers that have no name on them.  (Even though last year they would rarely come in spurts).  But now instead of chasing kids down, I can make them responsible for going up to the board and seeing if its theirs - then come see me to get their score recorded.  I like it.
My almost favorite is my new "Dates to Remember" Board.  I have always had the desire to keep all the birthdays of immediate family members and close friends in my head so that I can send out cards to them, but I can never remember in time and then end up getting busy and completely forgetting.  But, now that it looks all organized and pretty sitting in my office, hopefully I can remember now!!! I have already had the chance to make cards for the next two months of birthdays (Aug & Sep)...lucky me that no one is born in September! hahaha!  So cross your fingers that if you are immediate family or a very close friend, you will get a home-made card in the mail for your birthday!
And last but definitely not least, the easiest craft I made comes with a funny story.

The set up:  Over the summer, I do not have to get up as early as Brian, so being the lovely person he is, he does everything in the morning so that he will not wake me up.  He even takes a shower in the hall bathroom so that he doesn't have to turn on the light in our bathroom - freaking sweet right??  Well he also will wake up, feed the dogs and let them out, then put them back in the room with me.  Our dogs, (being the cuddle bugs that they are) feel free to hop up on the bed with me and get a few more hours of sleep in (as if they don't get enough sleep during the day).  Jack sticks to the edge of the bed, but Ally will usually lay right next to me, if not completely on me. I'll get up around 8 and then proceed to get ready for my workout class in the morning and the dogs will stay on the bed till its time to go in the kennels while i'm sweating it out at the gym.

The actual story: This morning was like every other morning.  My alarm goes off (it seemed darker in the room than usual)  I thought that it was Brian's early morning alarm going off because a warm area was laying across my stomach.  I rolled over to shut off my alarm saw that the clock read 7:26 (brian has to leave for work by 6:50)!  I had that "OH SHIT, YOU'RE LATE" freak out moment and literally threw off the covers and jumped out of bed....only to find Jack and Ally as my only companions in the bed with me.  Ally was giving me the "WTF Mom????????" look and Jack barely raised his head before falling back asleep.

So from what I can piece together, Ally was the one laying her head on my stomach that I assumed was Brian's arm and he wasn't late for work at all, it was just my head not really thinking that early.  Needless to say, I was awake before I needed to be and that early occurrence lead to you getting to read this lovely blog before I head to the gym. 

I seem to have gotten a little side-tracked...here is the actual craft that led to that lovely early morning event tangent:
The glass acts as a dry-erase board that we can take turns writting on it.  :) 
 Well, on that note,  its time to leave for zumba.  I hope everyone has a wonderful day that started a little less eventful than mine, but ends just as productive!

No comments:

Post a Comment