Friday, August 9, 2013

Rachell Turns 24!

My birthday this year was quite entertaining!

My birthday was on Friday and I honestly had no clue what Brian was doing for me.  He wouldn't tell me anything and I stopped asking.  Normally I bug him over and over and over and over again to tell me what he has planned...but he always gives in.  He hasn't realized yet that I don't want him to actually tell me what the plan is - I just want to bug him about it.  But he always tells me!  Then I'm disappointed that I know about it.  So I decided that this year I wouldn't bug him about it and then it would be a surprise this year!

So - I was sitting at my Master's class the Wednesday before my birthday and I get an email.  It was a break in class, so like any normal person.  I looked at it.  This is what I saw.


So I knew that by the email he had bought me a kindle paperwhite.  Which is a freaking awesome gift for me because I love to read and its great for him because I won't have to use my ridiculously bright light at night when he is trying to sleep!  So I forward the email to Brian and he denies EVERY THING!  When I got home, he wouldn't tell me anything or give any indication that he had actually bought one!  He was so convincing  that I was feeling crazy and maybe I was so bored at class that I actually made up the email???? NO!  I had to stick to my guns and I knew he had it...but he wouldn't give it to me!  So this was my attitude for the next two days!


When I woke up on my birthday - he left me a note saying that since I had ruined the surprise, I then had to search for my gift.  He only told me that it was in our bedroom.  Thank goodness that he narrowed it down to the 2nd floor...otherwise it would have taken me forever!

I found the kindle right away in one of his shoeboxes.  Easy. And I told him so....he replied that I would never find the case because he hid it too good. 


I was sitting on the bed when I read his text and was thinking where was the best hiding spot.....hmmmm.....30 seconds later I sent him this picture. 


He chose a pretty good place - behind the artwork!  But since he told me it would be "impossible" to find....I found it right way.  He wasn't too happy.  But I loved my gift!  He knows me so well.

The following night we went out to dinner with friends and family and then played games at Dave and Busters.  It was a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment