Sunday, March 31, 2013

Fun Times

Oh buddy....what whirlwind life has been lately. 

First off,  Brian has been cleared with a full bill of health!!! YEAH!!! He has had his followup with the surgeon and the pulmonologist and they both cleared him of any fluid left in his chest cavity! We were very thrilled. 

School has been going great.  I started a new educational system with my freshmen (check it out here) and it has been so successful!! I am a huge fan of how it is working out and it has not only made my life easier with less grading to do at home, but i really feel like I have been working more with my kids and they are comprehending more than just the normal set up of a classroom.  If you are interested in what I do in my classroom, keep an eye on that blog for updates. 

As for today - HAPPY EASTER every one!  I hope everyone is enjoying a day filled with fun with your families.  We on the other hand are being productive today.  (ish) Brian is doing work around the house - which he hasn't done in over a month!  I finished up my last post in my master's current master's class and am doing chores while updating both of my blogs.  We did bring in the holiday with some great fun with friends. 

Friday I was able to have lunch with Brian and his work buddies and I finally got to see his office!  Holy crap, my husband is a grown up dude!  He has a cubicle (with no personality!) and he works in a huge building that has its own cafeteria, gym and heath center! Its nuts.  But it was cool to see him in his daily environment.

Then we had some old friends come over and hang out friday night.  This pretty much summarizes the night. 

Oh - and going on a walk with the puppies at midnight and Jack getting loose and then watching/laughing at Brian while he chased the get away puppy.  No worries, we got him back safe and sound.

So that led to Saturday where we slept on the couch and were complete and utter BUMS all day!  It was fabulous. 

Saturday night we went over to Taryn & Andrew's for our mostly-sometimes-depends-on-the-season-weekly game night.  We played Quelf.  Now, if you have never played this game - you need to.  It is so freaking hilarious and we almost die laughing everytime.  Basically - this is what to expect. 
Yes - that is a piece of paper taped to my forehead and that is aluminum foil over my hand.  Its entertaining to say the least.

Well Andrew went to bed a like a normal person and we stayed up and started talking about educational technology...transitioned into educational reform....transitioned into politics......transitioned into religion.....transitioned back to politics.....transitioned into personal beliefs....transitioned into what is wrong with society...(this is where I couldn't keep my eyes open any more and fell asleep on the couch)...but Taryn and Brian kept talking and needless to say - we didn't get home until 6:30 this morning.  So we slept - until 2pm when we finally got out of bed to face the world. 

Everyone wish us luck in our coming days to help us get back on a normal sleep schedule and to have a great coming week.  I hope every one else has a great day with family and that sets you up for a fantastic and productive week as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment